Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Saturday, November 13, 2010

La Tartiflette

I've invited Odette to come and see my new apartment and join me for Sunday lunch. I'd just finished my shopping when I walked past a cheese shop which featured a huge cooking dish outside. What's that?

"La Tartiflette," responded the fromager (cheese guy). I had seen Tartiflette on the menus of several restaurants while traveling in Switzerland and Annecy earlier this year, but had never ordered it. I had never even seen it. It's kind of like scalloped potatoes with the addition of ham or bacon (lardons) with Reblochon cheese on top. It's a perfect winter dish - as you might expect from a region in France - La Savoie - known for its mountains and ski areas and its cheeses.



Of course, I had to bring back a sample for lunch. Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment