Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends and family!

Today is just another Thursday here. It's a regular working day and most French people don't even realize that it's a big holiday in the U.S.

I'm not doing much today. I've made a few new American friends here, but these friendships are very recent, and I don't know of anyone nearby who will be celebrating Thanksgiving with a big turkey dinner.

I've decided to have my own Thanksgiving dinner. I bought a roast chicken and intend to mash some potatoes. I was about to write how I've never seen cranberries or sweet potatoes here, when, lo and behold, my local vegetable market had some for sale - just for today. No pumpkin pie though.

I have many things to be thankful for. It has been a wonderful year of discovery for me, and even though I'm alone today and thinking of my friends and family home in Denver/Boulder, I am healthy and content.

Enjoy the day. And enjoy each other!

Love from Paris,
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment