Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, November 12, 2010

"Words and images"

The course description caught my attention:
"Good storytelling is born when the right words are matched with powerful images. This two-session workshop will provide the basic writing tools for crafting a good article and the photojournalistic skills to capture great photos to accompany the story."

Just what I need to take my writing and photography skills to the next level . . .

The first day of class was Wednesday, November 10th. I have a project to work on for next week - and now I am intimidated after seeing the instructor's work.

No more clichés - either in words or in pictures. Each of us left the instructor's studio on the Ile St. Louis looking for unique photo opportunities. Maybe if I convert some photos to black and white it will look more like art??

Anyway, the late afternoon sunshine (after a day of rain) took my breath away. Cliché or not, I just had to capture the light on Notre Dame as I walked home on Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment