Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dinner in Bastia

After all that excitement trying to catch the ferry, I was finally able to relax, enjoy the ride and get to Bastia in time for dinner.

The old port of Bastia reminded me that I hadn't eaten fish for awhile.


I asked the hotel desk clerk for a restaurant recommendation and was delighted with her suggestion. She immediately took out a map and pointed out the "Table du Marché" located away from the waterfront and right on the square where the daily outdoor market is located each morning. The 3 course menu was an excellent value so I sat on the terrace and started with moules marinières:


Next I had the fish of the day (daurade) prepared Bastia-style with lemon, sweet peppers, tomato, zucchini and plenty of olives. It was accompanied by rice and was delicious!


Dessert was a simple cup of sorbet, but very attractively presented:


After the lovely dinner, the hotel was cool and quiet. A soothing way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. Elaine - I seriously think you should consider doing a food show!

    ReplyDelete