Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, April 23, 2010

Why did I come to La Napoule?

I became aware of the Chateau de La Napoule thanks to my daughter-in-law Rachel who has worked on an architectural study for some updates to the Chateau. Rachel is a friend of the Clews family who are owners of the Chateau and Directors of the La Napoule Art Foundation. Rachel also organized a volunteer work party of friends who came to the chateau in the summer of 2008 to make some decorative improvements in the Villa Marguerite where I'm staying. She earned the respect and appreciation of the Director of the Chateau and thanks to the goodwill created by her efforts, I was welcomed as a guest.

After first seeing photos of the place, I thought "What a wonderful location to host a seminar!" and so I came here to finalize details of a workshop for women contemplating their options for the second half of life. The workshop will be held from September 20-25, 2010 and will employ writing and art exercises as well as outdoor activities designed to facilitate renewal and self discovery. This is not just a vacation or shopping trip! That said, there will be plenty of time for fun, for excursions to the surrounding towns and countryside, delicious French food, and of course time for the beach!

I'll be putting together more details for those who might be intested - so please send me an email at earagon001@gmail.com if you'd like to know more . . .

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you had a chance to visit (and are planning the group visit!) I find it to be a quaint and beautiful place (of course! It IS a chateau on the Mediterranean!!!). I am lucky that my life's path crossed Natasha's and the Foundation was brought into vision. It has been quite a source of enjoyment for me :-) It is wonderful to see you sitting on the Villa Terrace! What a treat, indeed.

    ReplyDelete