Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday in Glastonbury

I celebrated my 60th birthday in Glastonbury with my friend Ruth. Can you guess my sign?


We were staying in a cottage in the countryside outside of Glastonbury. Here's how my birthday started out with a lovely breakfast, six candles, and presents!


The Tor in Glastonbury is a good place for contemplation. Here's what it looked like from my bedroom window:


And here's what it looked like from the base:


However, it turned out to be much less imposing and easier to climb than I imagined. Certainly not a 14er! I found myslef laughing and having a good time at the top. 60 is not serious at all!


Of course no birthday would be complete without birthday goodies. Here's my favorite tarte au citron:


Which we enjoyed with tea, sitting in the late afternoon sunshine outside our cottage:

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a tarte au citron for your birthday! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Elaine. A few days late. Sounds like you're having a great time. Can't wait to catch up in Lucca.

    ReplyDelete