Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chagall, Matisse

I am enjoying my extended visit to the Côte d'Azur. Yesterday I took the train to Nice to visit a couple of museums that I had heard about. I went first to the Chagall museum. Chagall lived in Nice for many years and the museum here houses a wonderful collection of his paintings, sculptures, and stained glass windows. Here is a small sample:






Afterwards, I went to the Matisse museum which is just up the hill about a mile away. You can also see Roman ruins in Nice, and this photo shows the outside of the Matisse museum in the background with the ruins in the foreground.


I'm sure you'll recognize some of the more famous of Matisse's work such as this one:

1 comment:

  1. Love the window! Reminder! Please stay tuned as I explore the surroundings, take more photos, and tell you more about my reason for being here!

    ReplyDelete