Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, January 21, 2011

Words and Images

I'm currently signed up for some writing classes and am working on a couple of stories that are not quite ready for prime time. So as I smooth out the rough edges in my writing, I thought I'd share a few more photos from this week.

The weather last Sunday really was exceptional, and after Notre Dame in the morning, I went to the Louvre in the afternoon.


By the way, I've been in Paris for about 10 months now, but still haven't been inside the Louvre - yet.

This is the Arc du Carrousel which marks the entrance to the Tuileries Garden from the Louvre



The Tuileries Garden was packed on a sunny Sunday afternoon. You can see the Grande Roue (large ferris wheel) at the other end. There is an uninterrupted line between the Louvre, the Place de la Concorde with its Obélisque, then the Champs Élysées crowned by the Arc de Triomphe.


Place de la Concorde with Grande Roue and Obélisque


Finally, continuing the straight line from the Arc de Triomphe west to the modern skyscrapers which make up La Défense, you have La Grande Arche

2 comments:

  1. You rock !

    ...love your walks.

    We should have some together...

    Here and there

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go inside the Louvre with you!

    ReplyDelete