Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ice skaters

Friday morning started out sunny and I decided to climb to the top of Notre Dame to check out the gargoyles. However, there was a long queue, I had no book to read while waiting, and then the sky turned cloudy and a cold wind picked up. I decided to come back another day.

I walked past the Hôtel de Ville on my way to catch the bus home. Today there were far fewer skaters than the first time I passed this spot.



While watching the skaters, I thought of Elizabeth - a multitalented Boulder woman, gifted ice skater, and mother of two sons, both of whose births I attended. She could use a vacation. And I imagined her here in Paris, oblivious to the cold, gliding across the ice in a long, slow, arabesque.

To read about Elizabeth and her sons you can check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment