Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, May 21, 2010

Massage

I had a massage on Friday afternoon to soothe my sore muscles after moving into a different apartment. The massage therapist was recommended by Bo, an English friend who lives in Paris and is expecting her first baby this summer.

I wasn't disappointed - the massage was WONDERFUL and I floated out of there.

This was my first and only massage in Paris, so I don't know how common my experience was. And I should first remind you that the French have a much more relaxed attitude to nudity that we do in the U.S. The beaches are largely topless here.

Anyway, when Bo recommended this particular massage therapist, a man, she also told me what to expect. Here is the package that he handed me to cover up in preparation for the massage:


And here is what I found inside the package! There was no top sheet for modesty, and when I opened the package I wondered: why bother?



On the subject of Paris fashion, you can see I'll have plenty of leeway as I redefine my own sense of style. The photo doesn't do justice to the shoes or the red teapot handbag, but captures the essence of the two sisters. You can wear anything (or nothing) here!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for newbie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.
    car service voucher

    ReplyDelete