Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My old neighborhood

Yesterday I wandered through my old neighborhood. I was curious to see if much had changed since I left there in 1978. The building and apartment where I lived looked exactly the same from the outside. The square in front is also still the same, with school kids playing during recess. The butcher shop and the bakery still occupy the same corner although they have gone considerably upscale and now sell a lot more than the simple meat and bread that I remember.




Finally, I visited the playground where I used to take my son Philippe when he was a toddler. The playground is in exactly the same place although the swings and slides have been upgraded.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You lived that close to the Eiffel Tower? That is so cool! UGH! I wish I could say that of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love seeing where P played as a child! Thanks for uploading the pic :-)

    ReplyDelete