Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alarm

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep . . . . I awaken on my first night in my Paris apartment to the sound of an alarm. But what is it? There is no bedroom alarm clock. And it’s not a scary “get-out-NOW-the place-is-on-fire!!” kind of sound. I lie in bed contemplating my options, but I know I won’t be able to go back to sleep if this continues.

I get up to and wander through the unfamiliar rooms trying to isolate the source. I follow my ears – it seems to be coming from the kitchen. The cooking timers on the stove and microwave are silent. Then I look up and notice a flashing red indicator on the top of the tall refrigerator. Aha – the freezer door is ajar and the flashing red light and beeping sounds show me that the freezer temperature is too warm. I press the alarm button and the close the freezer door. Silence. And the freezer temperature immediately begins to fall.

Problem solved. And now back to sleep

P.S. Check out the size of this fridge (and the placement of the source of the alarm). I won't be cleaning the top of this anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. Anytime you need a refridgerator cleaner to jump on a plane and come to Paris, call me!
    Love,
    A Friend

    ReplyDelete