Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My local bookstore

Just across the street is a bookstore (and a bookseller) that I've been dying to photograph.

Where to start?

Don't even try to find a book. Just ask!

I went in this afternoon looking for a specific book with rules for conjugating English verbs. I described the book, the editor and the publisher. The bookseller listened intently and then disappeared around the corner. He reappeared a few moments later, book in hand.

I happily paid the 10 euros for the book and we talked for a few minutes about books, beards, and Santa Claus.

There's another career waiting for him if he ever tires of his books ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Elaine,
    But you forget to tell us where is this amazing bookshop?

    ReplyDelete