Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Sunday, July 25, 2010

New helmet

I finally picked up a new bike helmet. I've been riding my bike regularly, and even though Paris has quite a few bike lanes like this one:


It's still a little scary mixing it up with buses and cars. So now, and after some urging by those who care about me, I have a new bike helmet. The helmet I had back in Boulder didn't have pink flowers, but hey, this is Paris! And it matched the pink shirt I happened to be wearing. I was more concerned with protecting my head than looking good, but the bike shop owner assured me that this will do a good job protecting my head while still looking "fun" (yes, they use the English word).


Now I am off to watch the arrival of the Tour de France on the Champs Elysees in Paris. Stay tuned for photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment