Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, July 30, 2010

Chartres cathedral

I returned to Chartres for the second time on Friday. Chartres is a town about an hour south of Paris with a famous cathedral built in the twelfth century. It is one of France's most beautiful and well known examples of Gothic architecture and stained glass windows. It's almost as famous as Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.




But I didn't come for the architecture, I came to walk the labyrinth. The first time I came, on May 15th, I discovered that chairs obscure the labyrinth and many visitors don't even realize it is there. You can see the labyrinth in the floor in the picture below:


Since that day I've been wanting to go back on a Friday when the labyrinth is not covered by chairs or obscured by weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment