Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Au revoir 2018

My universe has shifted. I am no longer an itinerant house sitter -- traveling light, living in others' homes, making do with others' furniture, artwork or choices in decor. For the first time in 10 years I am in my own place. Granted, it's a rental - so not really my own - but I have now realized an impulse that I first wrote about back in 2016 and entered a new phase in my life. This has come about with a sudden move back to Denver, where I grew up.

In fact, my words in 2016 were prescient as I wrote about having a place with a view of the mountains or city lights or both. A place where I would have beautiful modern furniture, my own art on the walls, a well-equipped kitchen, and space enough for entertaining. I would live near parks, shops, and restaurants that would provide everything I want without needing to drive my car.

And voilĂ ! Here is the view from my new apartment in downtown Denver:
I'm happy to be back in Denver. I am now close to my mom, brother, sister, and numerous extended family members. I have also reconnected with a core group of Colorado close friends.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment