Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Photography class

Have I mentioned that I've enrolled in a photography class at the local community college? Although I've sometimes made disparaging remarks about the technical side of photography here, and while I do like to take postcard-style photos of pretty scenery, it is fun to learn new tricks to get more functionality from my camera.

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of concepts such as ISO, aperture, white balance, etc. I even bought a new tripod, remote shutter release, and filters for my lenses. Now I just have to learn to use 'em!

This week we've been experimenting with lighting and motion. And I do mean experimenting!



Today our class went to Portland's Saturday Market for a field trip. Our assignments: try new camera angles



 and more experiments capturing motion.



What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, really impressed...especially with the motion effects, both stopped as the cyclist, and passing rapidly, as the train behind the motionless pedestrian.

    ReplyDelete