Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Mushroom season

I LOVE hunting for mushrooms. I've joined the Oregon Mycological Society which organizes educational presentations along with field trips to study, identify and collect both edible and non-edible mushrooms. This week we went hunting and found lots of lobster mushrooms and some chanterelles.
Chanterelle

Chanterelles and bright orange lobster mushrooms
If once wasn't enough, I went hunting a second time with people I'd met earlier in the week. Today we found king boletes (also known as boletus edulis, porcini, or cèpes.) Yumm!
Quinn, our guide, with king bolete
 We found these gorgeous mushrooms near Mt. Hood, and I was able to get some more postcard photos.
Trillium Lake with Mt. Hood in the background

But even more than hunting for mushrooms, I love living near Rachel and Philippe. Yesterday evening we had dinner together and shared the bounty of my recent hunt.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment