Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Columbia River Gorge

I love being retired! I can take off to go sightseeing whenever the spirit moves me. Earlier this week I explored the historic scenic highway along the Columbia Gorge.
Columbia river looking east
With several waterfalls within short hiking distance of the road
Latourell waterfall
 And stunning views of 5 volcanoes from the top of Larch mountain
Mt. Hood
As I returned to Portland at the end of the day, I stopped to enjoy the view from Vista Point where lots of other people were also waiting for sunset. The couple below were part of a crew filming a tourism video.
 They were good photo subjects!

 As were this couple waiting for sunset on top of their car.


Sunset on the Columbia looking west

No comments:

Post a Comment