Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cured!

I had a follow up visit to the surgeon yesterday. Bandages were removed and I am now free to shower. Yes! The best news of all? The pathology report indicated that my lymph nodes (ganglions lymphatiques) are completely free of cancer. "You are cured (guéri)!" said the doctor. The cancer was completely isolated in the breast and I won't need radiation or chemotherapy. What a relief (soulagement).

I'm feeling better every day, although I'm not quite ready to go out dancing or hop on a plane. I'll  be taking it easy for the next several weeks as I look forward to a full recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Words cannot begin to describe how thankful and relieved I am! It's a tough way to be reminded of just how important you are to me, but I am happy to be able to celebrate the healing of my beloved sister.

    ReplyDelete